Monday, April 23, 2012

Life on the farm...

I've decided to try and start this blog back up again. I wanted to write about what I experience every day on the farm. We moved from a smaller house in the "big city" to a big house on a farm stead in a much smaller city last fall. If I had any idea how many acres the farm is on I surly would tell you all, but I don't. The farm has two houses on it. One house is located farther up the driveway and then there is our house, the old farm house. Did I mention the other house is my in-laws? Gasp, I know what you all are thinking and so far I actually love having them so close! my father in-law grew up in the house we are in and my husband grew up in my in-laws house. Confused yet? Anyways, I grew up in the country but we didn't farm or have animals. Well, my brother and I did receive rabbits one Easter but neither one of us ever wanted to touch or hold them so that didn't last long.







Now I have chickens and baby chicks, cats one of whom is pregnant and due any day, a 9 week old puppy and my father in-laws cows right in my front yard! Last weekend the family and I went to an exotic bird auction looking for a different variety of chickens and there was a baby lamb that I really wanted and the only thing that stopped me from getting it was the fact that I have no idea what to do with them.

I have no idea what I'm doing on this farm, but if you wish to follow along on my blog feel free and we can learn together.

No comments: