Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend In Review

Well, another fun weekend is behind us. Friday night I sent the boys off to Matthew's very first boy scout camp! (Tear!) It was a Tiger cub only camp and it sounds like they had a lot of fun. Matthew's favorite thing was the human Foosball game they played. I saw a little snip of video of the game and it looks like fun to me. Matthew now has the idea that we should make one at home.

While the boys were at camp the girls and I decided to go to the big city and spend the night at Grandma's house. Abby was beyond excited. We got up early on Saturday morning and went garage saleing all day! It was heavenly. I love garage sales, like really, really love them!


Grandma and Grandpa also let us take home a few of the toys that I played with when I was little. I have always thought this little tractor and attachable trailer was so cute. Seeings how we live on a farm with tractors now I figured it was appropriate that it come home with us.

Grandma also sent home a cute garden bench with me. It needs a little TLC but then it will look great in my perennial garden. Speaking of perennial garden did I tell you that one of my friends offered to some and help me straighten that out? Well, she did and I'm so excited about that!


Abby got three rides in the Corvette with Grandpa while we were there and she just loved it. We pulled up next to them at a stop light so I could snag this picture. Then they appropriately raced us off the line and won! Settle down now, it wasn't dangerous racing.

Sunday we just hung out at the farm. I mowed a bit of the lawn. We also looked at little more at the old well where we want to plant flowers on top of. Well, first we need to put a new cover on it so non of the kids fall in it. Again, settle down people there is a cover on it now, its just starting to rot away. Anyways, back to the flower bed. We want to replace the cover and put some flowers on top and hopefully get the well going again. While looking at that we unplugged the fencer, so we didn't get any unwanted shocks. Well, we may have forgot to plug it back in. A few hours later, low and behold there were cows out. Humm, wonder how that happened. Todd and I got them back in only to find that they had broken a fence post too! Dumb cows. So they got to stay in a new part of the pasture last night. Did I mention that we then forgot to shut a gate that you have to shut when cows are in that part of the pasture? Well, we did so then an hour later, this time it was dark, more cows were out. Again Todd and I got them back in and decided to go into the house. Our night of cow chasing was over.

Well, I suppose I should get out and let the chickens out or they will get mad at me and not give me very many eggs. Also I should check on the six baby ones I let out into the big coop now.

 Linking up to ...........

http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/





No comments: