Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rainy Day Ramblings

Today's a rainy day on the farm. Which means its also a clean the house day! Its been so nice out latly that the house had been greatly neglected. Now I can only hope it stays this way till the weekend when my mom is coming. We shall see I guess.

This morning I spent some time transplanting my tomato and pepper plants. It was no small task seeings  how I counted 35 tomato and 40+ pepper plants. I can already here you saying, "Wow, she must really like tomato's and pepper's!" No, I just like to grow things.


I am also hoping that I can either sell a few of the plants or see some of the harvested crop from them. Again, we shall see. I have never had luck with starting seeds so I didn't really even expect to get any plants. Now I just have to hope I don't kill them in the hardening off phase!


Remember those cows that the hubs and I had to chase so much the other day? Well they are gone. The cows went to the auction yesterday. In typical fashion my kids had to be as much a part of the process and we would allow them. Abby helped put fresh straw in the barn to make it easier for the men to chase the cows out. Then when it came time to load the cows they all had to get as close as possible to watch.

No comments: