Thursday, May 3, 2012

This week has been super nice out so we have been getting a lot of stuff done outside. Which means I have not been getting anything done inside. Consider this your warning, so if you stop over unexpectedly the house WILL NOT be clean! There I did it, I warned you!

The chicks were starting to stink up my garage so we moved them to the coop with the others. It still gets pretty cool here at night so we are keeping them in the water bin with a heat lamp on still. There are a few of the bigger ones that sneak out every once in a while.

We also cleaned out an area I will refer to as the junk yard. Its behind the unattached garage. It housed the old out house, two old barn cupolas and various other junk. We sold the cupolas and torn down the outhouse. Now its all cleaned up and I think I may plant some pumpkins and other vines there since the ground should be pretty fertile with the outhouse being there for at least 30 some years. ;)



I've been trying to save energy costs and hanging the clothes on the line. I think its so pretty with the apple tree in bloom and the clothes whipping in the wind. While it may save energy costs, it definitely takes more time to get the laundry done. It takes a lot longer to hang them all up than it does to just throw a load in the dryer. I'm hoping to see a significant drop in out energy bill this month. That will give me the get up and go to keep up with it I think.


When we got home from the city yesterday Grandpa was out working on his new/old auger. The kids all ran over to help. They LOVE to help with anything to do with the farm!

Well, I'm off to research flowers for my perennial garden now. Its a huge undertaking as its all a muss right now. More on that later though.


1 comment:

Gretchen R said...

We've been so busy doing outside chores that the inside of our house looks pretty bad too. You are not alone!