Saturday, February 14, 2009

But I want to be four forever!

I usually don't post things unless I have a picture or video to go with it, but if I had a video to go with this story you all would be laughing so hard your stomach would explode.

So last night we were on our way to eat, just driving along in the van and Matthew all the sudden says "I want to be four forever" in a very cracky voice like he is starting to cry. Don't ask me what brought this on, because we had not talked about age or him being four at all that day. So anyway, Todd says "but don't you want to be five sometime?" Well this really brought on the tears and we were trying to convince Matthew that getting older was going to be really fun. Todd tried to tell him that he had to get older and then he could drive a car some day. Matthew's responce was....."well I get to drive on Grandma Tina's rode already." So that didn't work so then we said if he got older he could drive by hiself, which he really wasn't interested in doing. So finally after more tears about turning five some day Todd told Matthew that he could stay four if he wanted to and he can think about if he wants to be five some day. Matthew's responce was "Alright Dad, I'll think about it." What are we going to do with this kid!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

M said...

Priceless! I'm glad you posted this story...it was good for a laugh, even without a picture.

djrogness said...

That was hilarious - I LOVE kid's minds and what they think of... too funny!

Tami said...

You're slacking on your updates lady.